MIRA: Multimedia Interdisciplinary Research
A collaborative and comparative study of tourism destinations and cultures
· Undergraduate students who have completed freshman year (entering
sophomores & up)
· Graduate Students in Masters and/or Ph.D. Program
· Non-Students with work or teaching experience in any related
field of cultural production
We welcome participants with backgrounds in any Social Science, Art,
Design, and/or Humanities fields whose interest focus is on culture,
cultural studies and/or cultural production, commentary or critique.
· High Motivation & Creativity
· Commitment & Discipline
· Personal Flexibility
· Conversational Spanish (Minimum 1-year college-level Spanish)
· Fluency in German, French, or Italian is a bonus!
Students must agree to attend all required classes and activities and
be fully engaged in the collaborative as well as individual projects.
Students should be prepared to be flexible as well as take advantage
of serendipitous opportunities that present themselves in the field.
Students are required to bring appropriate supplies and equipment to
enable them to conduct and document field research. This includes materials
such as high quality video and audio recording devices, digital and
analog cameras, and notebooks. Students may share resources as appropriate.