Costs Program in Sustainable Community Tourism in the Maya communities of Chichen Itza & Piste / Sustainable Community Tourism is an Indiana University IU Service Learning Program in Yucatan. Indiana University Bloomington taught by Quetzil Castaneda / Heritage Service Learning Field Study Abroad / Summer Study Abroad / Heritage Development Studies, Tourism Studies. Field School. Field Study Abroad. Mexico. community action research, participatory research, participatory anthropology, New Seven Wonders of the World. Mexico, Chichen Itza. Yokdzonot Cenote, Maya Wellness Center. Yokdzonot Eco-Adventure, Responsible Tourism, Ethical Travel, Alternative Tourism in Yucatan
LTAM L-426 / L-526, Offered Through IUB Office of Overseas Study,Indiana University Bloomington
Combined Undergraduate & Graduate course
Graduate Program Fees: Graduate
Summer tuition remission is applicable; please check with your grad advisor to arrange.
In-State Graduate Fee is $2395
In-State Graduate Fee is $3445
Undergraduate Student, in or out of state, Program Fee is $2395
The Program Fee (Undergrad & Grad) includes:
→ 6 credits Tuition, graduate or undergraduate level credits
→ lodging and all meals while living on-site in program location of Pisté, Yucatán, Mexico
→ lodging and two meals a day during overnight field trips (e.g., Maya Riviera, Merida)
→ local transportation for group travel and for teams when directly related to course assignments → field trips; entrance fees; group program activities
→ medical insurance during overseas component
The fee excludes: • Round trip international airfare to Cancun from home city;
• personal items, including medicine, hygiene, beauty, and gifts;
• individually purchased non-program food, service, lodging, or consumables.
• one meal a day during any overnight field trips conducted as a group and a dinner meal on occasion of an evening field trip to Merida or Valladolid or meals during optional excursions
• Required software and textbooks, or optional readings such as Spanish language dictionaries and other educational materials
• Required research equipment and supplies — such as laptops, thumb drives and membory, DVD burner, digital camera, external hard drives, batteries
Registration Payment is a Non-Refundable Deposit deducted from total program cost.
The non-refundable deposit of $500 is required and must be paid in advance by March 9 to guarantee the student’s place on the enrollment roster.
Payment Schedule 2015:
Application Deadline Feb 15
Total Payment Due May 10
Registration Fee March 9 $500
Balance Payment May 10 $1895